Kadıoğlu Konakları & Şehzade Sofrası

World Heritage City: Safranbolu

Safranbolu of History

The region wass known as Paphlagonia in ancient times. Hittites, Phrygians, Lydians, Persians, Ponds, Romans, Seljuks, Çobanoğulları, and Ottomans  held  the power in the region. Safranbolu was conquered by the Turks in 1196 during the period of Muhiddin Mesut Şah, son of Kılıç Arslan II the Seljuk Sultan. Throughout the history Safranbolu was ruled by Çobanoğulları between 1213-1280, Candaroğulları between 1326-1354 and Ottomans between 1354-1402. After a short while it was reconquered by the Ottomans in 1423. The Culturel, economic and social structure of the city reached its highest level between 17th – 19th centuries. It is possible to see the historical buildings in its original environment. Cinci Inn, Cinci Bath, Köprülü Mehmet Pasha Mosque, Kazdağlıoğlu Mosque, İzzet Mehmet Pasha Mosque, Dağdalen Mosque, Tokatlı Bridge, İncekaya Aquaduct (arch), Clock Tower, Historical Fountains, Hidayetullah Mosque, Bazaars, arches are the witnesses of the time. Kazasker Cinci Hodja, Grand Vizier İzzet Mehmet Pasha, Grand Captain Salih Pasha who grew up in Safranbolu in this period enabled close relationship between Safranbolu and the Otoman Palace. Famous Grand Vizier Köprülü Mehmet Pasha was exiled to Safranbolu for a period of time. Especially after building of Cinci Caravanserai and as the city was on Silk Road that improved the economy of the city in terms of trade production, traditional handicraft, enriched the social life. Such development formed the settlement of Safranbolu in two sections as winter and summer resort. Hence urbanization and construction quality and social relationships are the reflections of these cultural backgrounds. The winter houses were located in a valley formed by two creeks and called “Town Centre’’. This is the region in which the following occupations were practiced were blacksmith, coppersmith, saddlery, packsaddle making, timber trade. The shops were arranged according to the guild system. On the other hand summer houses are located in “Bağlar’’ which is cooler than ‘’the town centre’’ and surrounded by vineyards and gardens. It is about 3,5 km from city and difference of altitude is 350  meters. Hıdırlı Hill, Hasandede Rock, Graveyard and the Castle determined as the panaromic points. Houses having 5, the city having 7 facades carry delicacy, aesthetic and elegance which remind us the wise and human approciating values of the our grand parents. None of the houses restrict the vision of others. During the construction period the rights of the neighbours were taken in to consideration. The establishment of Turkish Iron and Steel Works in Karabük in 1937 provided a new settlement place (Hastarla) between bazaar and Bağlar. This helped the protection of the city. It was declared as ‘’Urbanized Site’’ by the Ministry of Culture on 8.10.1976 and taken under protection. It was included in the “World Heritage List” by Unesco in 1994 in terms of its exceptional and universal cultural values. The number of the master pieces under protection is 1131. Tourism sector which improvers friendship and mutual respect among people has been developing day by day in Safranbolu.

City ​​History Museum - Old Government Building

Was built in 1904. A magnificent two-storey stone building. Burned down in 1976. To be used as a museum by the Ministry of Culture and Cultural Center has been rebuilt. Safranbolu is known as the castle.

Ironmakers Bazaar

İzzet Mehmet Paşa Camisi altından geçen Akçasu deresinin iki yakasına kurulan çarşı sıcak ve soğuk demircilik el sanatlarının üretildiği yaşayan tek Lonca çarşısıdır. Bakırcı ve kalaycı esnaf da bu çarşı içersinde çalışmaktadır.

İncekaya Aqueduct

Izzet Mehmet Pasa built by the Grand Vizier. 7.5 km away from the center of town. İncekaya aqueduct 116 feet long in the village, a magnificent six-arched structure. 110-220 cm wide belt of water used to bring the city center. River is an ideal track for a trip to the canyon bottom Tokat.

The clock tower

Was built in 1797. Square in shape, structure has been restored, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays open to tour.

Değirmenbaşı Water Mill

Bağlar Değirmenbaşı district. The mill has been restored with the function of both the old and the new witness to a pleasant past time.

Sundial

This time in the courtyard of a mosque into a simple class of type horizontal sundials. The evening 6:40 to 17:20 in the morning shadow of the metal plate that shows the time between. Supposed to be built in the mid 19th century.

Yörük Village

Safranbolu, 11 km away from the "Museum Village" via e Kastamonu highway extensively. In 1997 by the Ministry of Culture and historical buildings is a real fact that the Turkish-Turkmen village has been protected because of the glory. A small mock Safranbolu.

Yaci Canyon

Safranboluya 21 Km away. Length of 4 km long canyon. Rope in the running water in the canyon, walking and landing places in the canyon in the middle of a parkurdur degree of difficulty. High adrenaline, excitement, enjoy the fun here waiting for you ...

Konarı Canyon

Safranbolu, 13 Km. away from the "Konarı Village" in the canyon trails around the professional and can be passed with a team of fully equipped with materials, equipment tracking. Located in Akburun "yarasaini caves" spectacular wilderness areas.

Uluyayla and Sarçiçek highlands

Tourism varies the natural beauty of the town. Uluyayla district center, 50 km, 8 km Sarıçiçek Plateau. Gürleyik Forest Recreation Area picnic places in the county.

Tokatlı, Düzce, Sırçalı and Sakaralan Canyon's

One of the entrance to the village 13 km away from Safranbolu, Düzce, and the other canyons in the quarter of Kozcağız photo safari and wildlife conservation area, arranged an unspoilt tourism option.

Kaçak (Lütfiye) Mosque

Leakage Akçasu casbah district, neighborhood. Akçasu Creek was established on the belts. 1880 year of construction of the mosque.

Safranbolu Cave's

Hızar in the cave, the Cave World Bulak caves caving literature and foreign experts visited frequently geological formations entered.

Bulak Cave

Bulak Cave, 5 km away from the city center. Mencilis 2725 m total length of the cave. Cave 3, 5, 11 and 15 m is situated over the landing.

Hızar Cave

5 km distance Değirmenbaşı district. The cave is horizontally developed and fossil. Entered a large cave mouth is composed of a main gallery and two side passage. This is not yet undiscovered caves Uluyayla'da outside the cave entrance with a large deep depressions in the form of the internal parts of the forest are interesting geological formations.

Ağzıkara Cave

Located in the village of Harmancik "Ağzıkara" cave of stalactites, stalagmites and other geological formations comprise the beauty and richness in terms of a different yet been opened to tourism.

Old Tannery

And Silver creek joins the old tannery Akçasu field is not used today. With a ruined mosque in the tannery tannery building, protected areas in two workshops that can be seen tanneries.

Ulu Mosque (Old Ayestefenos Church)

The Greeks and the ancient church was built in 1872. The Priest's House creates an interesting complex of buildings surrounding the Greek School.

Contact information

  • Kadıoğlu Mansions
    Tel: +90 370 712 56 57
    +90 370 725 27 62
    +90 370 712 83 40
    Mail: sehzade@kadioglusehzade.com
    Web: www.kadioglusehzade.com

Weather in Safranbolu

13°C
8°C - 22°C
Safranbolu-TR,